Thursday, September 18, 2008
More Buzz for the Ant King (and other things)
On The Ant King and other stories colllection:
- A great audio version of the title story, "The Ant King", is online at StarShipSofa
- Nice review in The Boston Phoenix
- Did I already mention the starred review from Booklist which ended with the sentiment "Give him some prizes"? :-)
- Mini-review at The Weekly Dig
- The delightful Craig Gidney reviewed the Ant King at Fantasy Book Spot (note that Craig is sick and that for a limited time if you order his debut collection Sea, Swallow Me through the publisher, they'll donate the entire $13 cost of the book to his medical fund).
- A lovely review by Colleen Cahill at SF Revu
- Review at Bibliophile Stalker
- Kessel and I share a review at the Agony Column
- Review someplace called Genre-Go-Round
- For those of you wondering whether to buy "The Ant King" as a text to teach in secondary school, the mySF Project Piki considers the stories "Embracing-the-New" and "Start the Clock" from that perspective
- Various folks, including BoingBoing, New Media Rights, and Tor, noticed the free Ant King download and associated contest
- And there were kind shout-outs from Chris Barzak, Jeff Ford, and Emily Mah.
And in other writing news:
Posted by benrosen at September 18, 2008 07:56 PM
| Up to blog
- My and David Ackert's story "Stray" is coming out in German translation in Shayol's Pandora. This is the first time I've ever had a story translated into the language I work in at my day job!
- Fast Forward 2, containing Cory's and my novella "True Names", is coming out in a couple of weeks!
Thanks, Ben, for mentioning Craig's recent hardships. I know he is grateful for your concern and help.